• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Trying to install games
01-04-2019, 04:21 AM,
Trying to install games
Hey guys;  So I dug out my old EUROPE IN FLAMES from Talonsoft which I played once and then shelved as it didn't turn me on but I have decided to try it again.  Currently fighting with it, it not wanting to run on Win8.1 so I am trying a virtual XP machine.  Has anyone ever got these to run on Win8+?  Of course the help I have found so far online is "buy them again".
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2019, 04:28 AM,
RE: Trying to install games
I played around with it a couple of times, but never could get it to operate on either Windows 8 or 10. Good luck!!
01-04-2019, 10:14 AM,
Ok, first off I put this in the wrong place. Secondly I got it working with a virtual machine but the graphics were poor to say the least as the virtual XP did not like my win8.1 graphic driver. Might try this on my very old LT that came with XP video.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
01-04-2019, 10:39 AM,
Buy them again.

(sorry...couldn't resist...;)

The game is pretty cheap these days, just looked it up, $19.99.

regards,

Dan
01-04-2019, 01:12 PM,
Nope, not spending more money on it to find out I still don't like it. Spent about $50 when it came out to play it once, not adding $20 on top. Too bad, I was hoping CS would keep me at the Blitz, but EIF is now in the garbage.
01-04-2019, 04:07 PM,
(01-04-2019, 01:12 PM)Weasel Wrote: Nope, not spending more money on it to find out I still don't like it.  Spent about $50 when it came out to play it once, not adding $20 on top.  Too bad, I was hoping CS would keep me at the Blitz, but EIF is now in the garbage.

Hear! Hear! If you don't love it, move on! It took me a few years, but I finally realized that time is finite-do what you love when it comes to personal gaming time! 

Cheers, J
01-30-2019, 01:17 AM,
Enjoy your life young man.
I will no longer offer you advice.
01-30-2019, 11:51 AM,
EIF, really, are you not talking about the Campaign Series?
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/