• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer campaigns: Speed in the unit info box.
03-07-2019, 11:20 PM,
Panzer campaigns: Speed in the unit info box.
In Panzer Campaigns the Unit info box contains the term speed. Does anyone know what that value indicates ?
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2019, 11:59 PM,
RE: Panzer campaigns: Speed in the unit info box.
The Speed of the unit in kilometers per hour is also listed. When the Speed is shown in Yellow, it indicates that this is a motorized or mechanized infantry unit that is currently on foot.

Depending on the Order of Battle information, certain units may be given a speed of 0. This
means they cannot move in the game. Typically, these units are artillery guns without available
transportation and are found in static defenses. However, even though they cannot move and do
not have a Movement Point allocation, these units can still fire. In place of the Movement Point allocation field, the Fire Ability of these guns is displayed.
03-08-2019, 12:31 AM,
(03-07-2019, 11:59 PM)wildb Wrote: The Speed of the unit in kilometers per hour is also listed. When the Speed is shown in Yellow, it indicates that this is a motorized or mechanized infantry unit that is currently on foot.

Depending on the Order of Battle information, certain units may be given a speed of 0. This
means they cannot move in the game. Typically, these units are artillery guns without available
transportation and are found in static defenses.  However, even though they cannot move and do
not have a Movement Point allocation, these units can still fire. In place of the Movement Point allocation field, the Fire Ability of these guns is displayed.

Thanks, but do you know what it really indicates ? 

The "kilometers per hour" term does not mean anything to me since this is a turn based game and not real time.
03-08-2019, 01:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-08-2019, 11:40 PM by ComradeP.)
Speed value x 6=Movement Points for C quality units, Quality modifiers are applied for non-C quality units as described in the user manual. This applies to all unit types.

Though the parameter data file mentions "kilometres per hour" for motorized/mechanized units using foot movement, that's the movement distance in kilometres per turn on Clear terrain (with a turn usually lasting 2 hours in daytime). I haven't played a single PzC title where C quality infantry units can move 8 kilometres per turn, for example. Even when using major roads in T-mode without elevation changes, they can usually at most move 6 hexes.

Depending on the title, motorized/mechanized units using foot movement (when they're not in T-mode) might move faster than regular infantry (usually Speed 5/30 Movement Points compared to Speed 4/24 Movement Points).
03-08-2019, 06:12 PM,
Thanks alot ComradeP.

That made it all clear to me. I have been looking through the game manuals for a while but was never able to find the "x 6" anywhere.

As far as I know the speed-parameter is the base value for calculating a units MA in the game. The formula is as follows:

MA=(Speed x 6)x(1+Quality%).

Disrupt at night, Frozen penalty and Low fuel also affect the MA.