• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Variable Victory Points - Some Considerations
12-03-2018, 05:43 PM,
Variable Victory Points - Some Considerations
I assume not all of you follow the WDS site (you should!), but we posted a blog entry over the weekend covering an example of the new variable objective victory points in game.

This was posted in response to a support report from a new purchaser that the #410121_01v Compass Tobruk Full was unwinnable.

We went through this exact same issue during testing and I did an extensive write-up on my experience and how to play the scenario at the time. I have reproduced the bulk of that write-up for the blog post as it's illustrative of how these variable VP's can swing a game.

They are not like the old system where the final score is pretty known during the game. The variable VP's will ebb and flow dependent on the action and this makes their impact much more dynamic. As mentioned in the post, they allowed us to influence players to consider the historical approach by setting objectives that made more sense in that context.

Just being able to weight an objective differently for both sides is radical in Tiller world!

So if you haven't read it, go to this link;  Link to Blog post

And then play #410121_01v Compass Tobruk Full solitaire (there is both a solitaire and HTH version) and see how you go. This really is an excellent single player scenario to understand why the fortress attacks were done as they were...

David
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2018, 06:13 PM,
RE: Variable Victory Points - Some Considerations
Nice post. Thanks David. Especially liked your guide/rules for tasking the Bns.
12-04-2018, 09:52 AM,
RE: Variable Victory Points - Some Considerations
Yes, a very informative and most helpful.

Thanks for posting and sharing.