• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

anyone noticed
11-30-2018, 05:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-30-2018, 06:28 AM by phoenix.)
anyone noticed
Anyone noticed that there's a delay in getting counters to move in the new Gold series? I right click and there's a delay. Not ages, but makes it sluggish. This doesn't happen, for instance, in the pre-gold versions, and doesn't happen, for example, in the new PB North Africa game or the new ACW games. Anyone else comes across this and know a fix? 

The graphics don't scroll in and out smoothly either. Sometimes, on the way to the next resolution down, a split screen appears. Ring any bells? 

Thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2018, 06:09 AM,
RE: anyone noticed
I didn't at first, but the last couple of weeks I have noticed it when I'm in 2D zoom mode...doesn't effect my game play that much. I actually figured it was just my computer slowing down lol!
11-30-2018, 06:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-30-2018, 06:30 AM by phoenix.)
It affects my gameplay, and my life, and my mental health - by infuriating me. Wink There's a lot of clicking to be done in JTS games and the delay takes up the space of about 2 clicks, I think. So I could be moving two hexes in the time it takes to move one. Doubles the delay.
11-30-2018, 11:07 AM,
(11-30-2018, 05:20 AM)phoenix Wrote: Anyone noticed that there's a delay in getting counters to move in the new Gold series? I right click and there's a delay. Not ages, but makes it sluggish. This doesn't happen, for instance, in the pre-gold versions, and doesn't happen, for example, in the new PB North Africa game or the new ACW games. Anyone else comes across this and know a fix? 

The graphics don't scroll in and out smoothly either. Sometimes, on the way to the next resolution down, a split screen appears. Ring any bells? 

Thanks.

Peter,

I had a quick look at this for you.

Firstly, the only difference I am seeing between old vs new (I compared an original Kharkov '43 to equivalent Gold) is a slight slow down when at maximum zoom in units moving. It is very marginal though. Keep in mind this zoom level is a magnifier - in PzB it is 'natural'.

I am not seeing this at any other zoom level and definitely not seeing any split screen tearing which is a sign of some sort of graphics distress.

The major change between the versions is there has  been a move from 8 bit graphics to 24 bits and also there has been a need to move to later versions of Directx. We did see that cause an impact early on, but I believe we had sorted most of that.

Can you please post you machine specs and operating system?

Also when did you last update your graphic drivers?

Thanks,

David
11-30-2018, 05:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-30-2018, 05:54 PM by Lowlander. Edit Reason: grammer )
(11-30-2018, 06:29 AM)phoenix Wrote: It affects my gameplay, and my life, and my mental health - by infuriating me. Wink There's a lot of clicking to be done in JTS games and the delay takes up the space of about 2 clicks, I think. So I could be moving two hexes in the time it takes to move one. Doubles the delay.

Are you running windows 10 on a middle-aged or older machine, I had a similar problem caused by a Microsoft update.
The updated was a Intel spectre breach fix, for newer Intel systems. 
You could try deleting it, go to control panel/ add remove programs/ select windows updates on top left of screen/ select the windows update KB4100347 and remove.

Don't worry, you can reinstall the update manually via the Microsoft web site if this doesn't work.

Here is a link to my post for help.
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=71842
11-30-2018, 06:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-30-2018, 06:23 PM by phoenix.)
Wow! You fixed it Lowlander!! I'm always surprised when that happens. Many thanks! How on earth did you figure out that that update was causing issues?

I assume, since you can't actually wholly stop the win 10 update process that at some point win 10 will secretly reinstall this update?

Thanks David. It's fixed!
11-30-2018, 08:40 PM,
(11-30-2018, 06:21 PM)phoenix Wrote: Wow! You fixed it Lowlander!! I'm always surprised when that happens. Many thanks! How on earth did you figure out that that update was causing issues?

I assume, since you can't actually wholly stop the win 10 update process that at some point win 10 will secretly reinstall this update?

Thanks David. It's fixed!

I have to uninstall update KB4100347 every month, it's easily done, no problem, user's have notified Microsoft about this updates issue's with older systems so they might alter it.
11-30-2018, 09:31 PM,
Impressive Lowlander, that was amazing you worked it out!

Glad we have a further potential fix.

David
11-30-2018, 11:59 PM,
(11-30-2018, 09:31 PM)Strela Wrote: Impressive Lowlander, that was amazing you worked it out!

Glad we have a further potential fix.

David

Just returning the favour, I have had assistance on these forum's on numerous occasions.
12-02-2018, 02:25 AM,
I should have tried out your solution first before jumping to reinstalling Windows from scratch, thanks Lowlander.