• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Gold Question
11-23-2018, 08:31 AM,
New Gold Question
Are most people playing the Alt version scenario or the non alt version or has the game mechanics adopted the hard attack mechanics with AFV combat so scenario version is irrelevant now ?
Quote this message in a reply
11-24-2018, 07:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-24-2018, 07:38 PM by Mr Grumpy.)
RE: New Gold Question
I don't think there is a bias either way, some guys like to play the stock version and some people Volcano Mans _Alt version, it is worth noting that while the stock scenarios use either the default optional rules or those chosen by the players, VM _alt scenarios are designed to work with a specific set of optional rules and may not play out as intended if other opt rules are selected.

If you look at this thread it may help https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=38745

I think the "hard attack mechanics with AFV combat" feature you refer to is dependent of whether the Alternate Assault Resolution opt rule is selected, in the stock scenarios it is not by default (but can be selected if desired) and in the _alt scenarios it is on the list of opt rules you should use.

I should also add that the Gold upgrade has made no difference to the scenario mechanics you are asking about, before the Gold upgrade the _alt scenarios had to be downloaded into the game folder from VM site, after the Gold upgrade they are now included in the game as default.

Quote this message in a reply