• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Edit Unit Divisional Colors
11-16-2018, 12:03 AM,
Edit Unit Divisional Colors
Hi

I know how to edit the Divisional colors in a OOB file. I do this sometimes when divisions operating close to each other have the same or very similar colors.

My question has two parts.

For PBEM games, does this mod cause any problem or "cheat alert" for my opponent?

2nd, if I do it after we have swapped a few PBEM files does it create any issue?

I guess I am asking is, is this color edit harmful in any way shape or form?

Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
11-16-2018, 07:42 AM,
RE: Edit Unit Divisional Colors
Just know that any update to that game will remove your color editing. Its always best to COPY the OB file before you change it. Then ask your opponent if they will use the new OB file. Then copy the .scn file, rename it, change the .oob line to use your OB file. Send both .scn and .oob file to your opponent.

That is the SAFEST way to play with altered files for all John Tiller Software games even if its a Solo game.
11-16-2018, 03:09 PM,
As long as it's only a graphical change I doubt that this causes any problems. In other Tiller games one can install graphic mods without any problem, so I don't see why such change should cause problems here.
11-17-2018, 12:33 PM,
Well I did the edit. It's working with no ill effect and I informed my opponent.

So all good. Thanks.
11-17-2018, 12:46 PM,
I use JSGME to do all editing mods, then you aren't overwriting anything!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/