• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Battles of North Africa 1941 released!
11-22-2018, 08:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-22-2018, 08:10 PM by Xaver.)
RE: Battles of North Africa 1941 released!
O i see, my fault, i only notice the Rgt in unit HQ name and find strange see battalion symbol (II) in the HQ unit (italians call units with battalion size battalions, not regiments like in other nations)

The attachment of that tank unit directly to Giovani Fascisti HQ is clear in the OOB file but i see OOB in the scen created to review OOBs and here you mantein the tank unit with the tank mother unit and not under his true superior HQ, now i understand it.

Ummm your problem with scroll is that when you are in minimap it become crazy and doesnt stop scrolling??? if is this i find a solution.

Looks like the scrolling optios are expanded in PzB NA41 and now you have 3 extra options to select how scroll and by default if comes with Scrolling using WINDOWS EDGE, you need SCREEN EDGE, with this i solve the problem.

In SETTINGS, go to SCROLLING and select SCREEN EDGE, with this you have the standard scrolling from previous games.
Quote this message in a reply
11-22-2018, 08:31 PM,
Thanks Xaver,

You're right, screen edge fixes the problem, but windows edge is not working as we expect it to.

I have lodged a bug report.

David
11-23-2018, 12:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-23-2018, 12:38 AM by Compass Rose.)
The game looks most impressive. 

These days, JTS games are not only top-notch games but also top-notch history lessons with all of the extra information that is included.

It's hard to decide whether to first play the game or first read all of the extra information that came with the game.

Super-great stuff and very, very impressive.

Thank You JTS, Strela, and WDS, for your attention to detail is greatly appreciated!
11-23-2018, 03:17 AM,
(11-23-2018, 12:37 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: These days, JTS games are not only top-notch games but also top-notch history lessons with all of the extra information that is included.

This is exactly why JTS games are easily one of my favorite. In PZB, I have probably spent more time digging up the OOB and further reading on the historical basis for the scenarios, rather than playing the game itself.
11-30-2018, 01:16 AM,
Bought this title yesterday, my first in the PZB series. Excellent work!! Love all of the above points already mentioned in this post-I have a new addiction lol!
11-30-2018, 02:39 AM,
(11-30-2018, 01:16 AM)larsonney Wrote: Bought this title yesterday, my first in the PZB series. Excellent work!! Love all of the above points already mentioned in this post-I have a new addiction lol!

Congratulations and welcome to the party!   Smile 

[Image: 77db46ddb8ymca.gif]  [Image: 01d657912cdance%20club.gif]
12-02-2018, 12:08 PM,
It appears that all of the scenarios for North Africa '41 are now all uploaded into the database.

Based I what I have seen while helping upload scenarios, is that this is one really impressive game.

The counter unit art and maps look phenomenal, the historical notes are top-notch, and the scenarios look super interesting.

A big hat's off to Rick, David, JTS, WDS, and all of the other fellow Blitz members who were involved in helping make this title possible.  [Image: fd0825b213hooray7.gif]

North Africa '41 could very well easily be the best PzB title released yet! Thumb Up2
12-03-2018, 06:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-03-2018, 02:02 PM by Outlaw Josey Wales.)
Too bad they they didn't add Operation Crusader from start to finish. If you make it, they will play. :)
12-03-2018, 10:42 AM,
(12-03-2018, 06:49 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: Too bad they don't have they didn't add Operation Crusader from start to finish.  If you make it, they will play.  :)

The full Crusader battle went for over a month!

At 30+ turns a day that wasn’t viable....

David
12-03-2018, 01:24 PM,
That would make it the electronic version of the boardgame Campaign for North Africa, David.
[Image: exercise.png]