• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Battles of North Africa 1941 released!
11-22-2018, 01:44 AM,
RE: Battles of North Africa 1941 released!
(11-22-2018, 01:28 AM)Xaver Wrote: This is the error with JTS installers

[Image: FLh5UES.jpg]

I find is a problem or with permissions in TEMP folder (i discard this i have full permissions in the use i have in Win10) or with a Win10 update, here i uninstall all updates since i install Win10 (after move to win10 i installed SYW and PzB Normandy with no problems) but no solution to the problem.

Any way thanks to great JTS support departament they find a way i can defeat Win10 evil forces and i have now installed and ready to be used, expect i can find a way to made win10 return to deal with JTS installers. 

The game is a good add to the serie and comes with improvements!!!

For example the new sounds for combat are  Yikes

Great - glad Rich has helped you. I'll talk to him about how he fixed your issue.

You're right, I forgot these sounds are new! Been testing for too long.

I'll have to add that into the changes.txt...!

David
Quote this message in a reply
11-22-2018, 04:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-22-2018, 04:59 AM by Xaver.)
Thanks, sorry to introduce a headache in a happy day.

Well, i was in a review of Crusader OOB (the scen where you can review the full OOB) and find a pair of strange things in italian RECAM:

-The "HQ III/32º Rgt Carristi" is a regiment in name but is a battalion in the OOB (HQ counter has the battalion symbol II).

-The last 2 sections of the previous "32º Rgt Carristi"  are assignated to the HQ of "Gruppo Giovani Fascisti" not to the "32º Rgt Carristi" HQ.

These 2 things are intentional???

Saddly i am going to be AFK a certain amount of time... my happy moment after solve problem and can finally play game was shot down by real life AA  Cry

PD: if i cant post it later, great job with the game, the few i see was better than i expected  Helmet Wink
11-22-2018, 06:31 AM,
If they didn't tell you which DLL is required, you might try to google Windows 10, error 1723. Works pretty good for things I have had to do and I am mostly computer illiterate.
11-22-2018, 06:50 AM,
Well, first time i think was a problem with download, but after download again with same problem i try solve the problem using Saint Google but permissions were ok and other installers from other games worked fine and is when i try uninstall some updates.. saddly nothing worked.

I think i am gonig to format and install again win10 (a 2nd and last chance for it) if i have time, if not i return to win7.

The support from JTS is so good that evil win10 cant defeat me... unlike real life  Whistle
11-22-2018, 10:26 AM,
Oh man, I had a mini heart attack when I couldn't scroll using with the mouse cursor at first. Only to figure it out in the settings, very well done. Combat feels really smooth, and the game itself looks devoid of any major bugs. So far, it has proven to be worthy of its price.
11-22-2018, 11:02 AM,
(11-22-2018, 04:42 AM)Xaver Wrote: Thanks, sorry to introduce a headache in a happy day.

Well, i was in a review of Crusader OOB (the scen where you can review the full OOB) and find a pair of strange things in italian RECAM:

-The "HQ III/32º Rgt Carristi" is a regiment in name but is a battalion in the OOB (HQ counter has the battalion symbol II).

-The last 2 sections of the previous "32º Rgt Carristi"  are assignated to the HQ of "Gruppo Giovani Fascisti" not to the "32º Rgt Carristi" HQ.

These 2 things are intentional???

Saddly i am going to be AFK a certain amount of time... my happy moment after solve problem and can finally play game was shot down by real life AA  Cry

PD: if i cant post it later, great job with the game, the few i see was better than i expected  Helmet Wink

Like everything in life, a picture is worth a thousand words;

[Image: Post%2020181122_1.jpg]

Firstly, this is correct in the OOB.

The III/32 Rgt Carristi is the 3rd Battalion of the Regiment. The III designates the battalion number (in roman numerals). The 1st two battalions are with the parent regiment in Ariete. The III battalion had been detached to RECAM. The 3rd company of the III battalion had been detached to the Gruppo Giovani Fascisti - hence why you see the different detachment.

RECAM was almost like a German Kampfgruppe. It was intended to be a mobile force with various attached units.

Finally to help with the naming conventions of Italian armoured units; usually if the battalion is part of a regiment the regiment name is included. If it is an independent battalion it will have battaglione (Btg) in their name. You can see an example of battaglione with the LII/ Btg Carri M (an independent battalion of medium tanks).

The arrows above show who each formation was attached to.

Hope that helps.

David
11-22-2018, 12:34 PM,
(11-22-2018, 10:26 AM)All_American Wrote: Oh man, I had a mini heart attack when I couldn't scroll using with the mouse cursor at first. Only to figure it out in the settings, very well done. Combat feels really smooth, and the game itself looks devoid of any major bugs. So far, it has proven to be worthy of its price.

This threw me off as well. I assumed I hit a hot key to turn off mouse scroll, but it sounds like no scroll is the default?
11-22-2018, 12:58 PM,
(11-22-2018, 12:34 PM)pokeytrev Wrote:
(11-22-2018, 10:26 AM)All_American Wrote: Oh man, I had a mini heart attack when I couldn't scroll using with the mouse cursor at first. Only to figure it out in the settings, very well done. Combat feels really smooth, and the game itself looks devoid of any major bugs. So far, it has proven to be worthy of its price.

This threw me off as well. I assumed I hit a hot key to turn off mouse scroll, but it sounds like no scroll is the default?

I'm not certain what the default is out of the box. I believe Berto set up things such as contours etc on/off as an entry in the registry so it is remembered. This may mean that scrolling is defaulting off and them remembered once set. I will check.

The other important change is window and screen scrolling. This has been put in for those that have multiple monitors or use different windows when playing. It's worth experimenting and picking the one that makes most sense for you.

All written up in the General Help/Program Manual on pages 18 & 19.

David
11-22-2018, 05:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-22-2018, 05:53 PM by phoenix.)
I am finding I have to use the jump map all the time!! Big maps!

I found that, using the jump map with scroll set to windows edge meant every time I opened the jump map the entire map would auto scroll to the right hand edge, no mater what I did. Since some maps are huge and take time to scroll over there, this was no good (and I assume it's some kind of bug). Setting scroll to screen edge solved it.
11-22-2018, 06:18 PM,
(11-22-2018, 05:53 PM)phoenix Wrote: I am finding I have to use the jump map all the time!! Big maps!  

I found that, using the jump map with scroll set to windows edge meant every time I opened the jump map the entire map would auto scroll to the right hand edge, no mater what I did. Since some maps are huge and take time to scroll over there, this was no good (and I assume it's some kind of bug). Setting scroll to screen edge solved it.

Thanks Peter,

I can see the issue here.

Let me talk to Berto to see if there is something we have missed or if is a bug.

Thanks for the report.

David