• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Battles of North Africa 1941 released!
11-21-2018, 10:26 AM,
RE: Battles of North Africa 1941 released!
Awesome news ! This goes to the top of my Christmas list !
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2018, 10:29 AM,
I've already purchased the game and looking for opponent to play short scenario.

Interested?
11-21-2018, 11:02 AM,
(11-21-2018, 06:16 AM)Xaver Wrote: Stange hours for a release... but i cant say is bad have this great title on my HD.... well, i am waiting the e-mail... ITS HERE!!!!, downloaded and.... unable to install it, error... i am going to send a message to support  Shocked

EDIT: umm smells to another fun moment with windows 10... 2 months and still is ****** me, i hate it.

EDIT2: another problem, in the game page is not working the link to Designer notes.

We have fixed the link to the Designers Notes (see other thread).

Have you fixed your installation problem? This is the first time I have heard of any issues here and as I'm responsible for the installer build would be keen to understand more about the problem.

Thanks,

David
11-21-2018, 11:06 AM,
Nice.... ive been eagerly anticipating North Africa since the announcement.
Animo Et Fide
11-21-2018, 11:16 AM,
(11-21-2018, 10:29 AM)Warcry Wrote: I've already purchased the game and  looking for opponent to play short scenario.

Interested?

I'm your huckleberry...start one up, you choose sides...email is [email protected]
11-21-2018, 07:45 PM,
Thanks for ask Strela, for me is a first time to.

I try the easy fixes, i see if permissions in temp folder be active for my user and uninstall last windows10 updates but nothing worked, still the error is present.

I install 1 month ago "Seven Years War" after update to win10 with no problems and now all JTS installers give me the same error message (i try SYW and France40)... smells to a win10 "feature" because i install a few days ago a game from other company without problems and using a HPS CD installer looks works fine.

In sort term solution for me is receive a folder of game (install game, and zip the folder) and activate it in my PC with the serial, i remember read that is possible update doing this HPS titles, you install over HPS title the last JTS patch and you activate game using JTS serial.

I think the installer is not the problem is that crap called windows 10.
11-21-2018, 09:06 PM,
I just smh over the amount of pages in the documentation! Like Rich H. has said over and over by the time we finish these games we have written a book. You guys wrote a multi-volume set something along the lines of Decline & Fall by Gibbon!

I looked at the large N.Africa map and gasped! 1400+ x 800+ hexes.

Well done guys! This theater of war is best served on this scale of play. Allows you to see the tank vs. tank combat better than on the battalion level. :)
11-22-2018, 01:13 AM,
(11-21-2018, 07:45 PM)Xaver Wrote: Thanks for ask Strela, for me is a first time to.

I try the easy fixes, i see if permissions in temp folder be active for my user and uninstall last windows10 updates but nothing worked, still the error is present.

I install 1 month ago "Seven Years War" after update to win10 with no problems and now all JTS installers give me the same error message (i try SYW and France40)... smells to a win10 "feature" because i install a few days ago a game from other company without problems and using a HPS CD installer looks works fine.

In sort term solution for me is receive a folder of game (install game, and zip the folder) and activate it in my PC with the serial, i remember read that is possible update doing this HPS titles, you install over HPS title the last JTS patch and you activate game using JTS serial.

I think the installer is not the problem is that crap called windows 10.
Xaver,

Exactly what error message are you getting?

Every clue helps us both fix it and ensure others don’t have the same issue.

Thanks,

David
11-22-2018, 01:15 AM,
(11-21-2018, 09:06 PM)Sgt_Rock Wrote: I just smh over the amount of pages in the documentation! Like Rich H. has said over and over by the time we finish these games we have written a book. You guys wrote a multi-volume set something along the lines of Decline & Fall by Gibbon!

I looked at the large N.Africa map and gasped! 1400+ x 800+ hexes.

Well done guys! This theater of war is best served on this scale of play. Allows you to see the tank vs. tank combat better than on the battalion level. :)

Yeah, I really DO know where the last three years went!  Big Laugh

David
11-22-2018, 01:28 AM,
This is the error with JTS installers

[Image: FLh5UES.jpg]

I find is a problem or with permissions in TEMP folder (i discard this i have full permissions in the use i have in Win10) or with a Win10 update, here i uninstall all updates since i install Win10 (after move to win10 i installed SYW and PzB Normandy with no problems) but no solution to the problem.

Any way thanks to great JTS support departament they find a way i can defeat Win10 evil forces and i have now installed and ready to be used, expect i can find a way to made win10 return to deal with JTS installers. 

The game is a good add to the serie and comes with improvements!!!

For example the new sounds for combat are  Yikes