• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Coincidence or Portent of the Future?
11-18-2018, 09:36 AM,
RE: Coincidence or Portent of the Future?
Hi All,

I love when conspiracy theories take hold - seems to be the norm these days!

There is no hacking of the WDS site.

Our hosting company is fixing a server issue that has caused significant slowdown over the last couple of weeks. That required all the hosted websites to be copied off the server to a back-up. During this time the http connection would be down as any changes made to sites would be lost during the copying period.

What was unexpected was that 17 hours after they started they are still copying websites.

We have a notification that they are almost done, so hopefully we will be up and running soon. I’m not certain what will happen when the new server is ready and they have to copy the information back - possibly another long outage.

Suffice to say the timing has not been great, but I’m actually glad we didn’t launch any new games or updates this week!

Finally, infrastructure permitting we promise you won’t have to wait too long and your spidey senses can go back to normal mode!

David
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2018, 09:50 AM,
(11-18-2018, 09:36 AM)Strela Wrote: Hi All,

I love when conspiracy theories take hold - seems to be the norm these days!

There is no hacking of the WDS site.

Our hosting company is fixing a server issue that has caused significant slowdown over the last couple of weeks. That required all the hosted websites to be copied off the server to a back-up. During this time the http connection would be down as any changes made to sites would be lost during the copying period.

What was unexpected was that 17 hours after they started they are still copying websites.

We have a notification that they are almost done, so hopefully we will be up and running soon. I’m not certain what will happen when the new server is ready and they have to copy the information back - possibly another long outage.

Suffice to say the timing has not been great, but I’m actually glad we didn’t launch any new games or updates this week!

Finally, infrastructure permitting we promise you won’t have to wait too long and your spidey senses can go back to normal mode!

David

Thanks for the update David. I'm relieved to hear that it was a technical issue with your hosting company and not a site hack.

Standing by with credit card at the ready! Thumbs Up
11-18-2018, 12:43 PM,
And the site looks back up, so all looking good.
[Image: exercise.png]
11-19-2018, 10:24 AM,
Sorry I'm late to this party.

If my memory serves me correctly, 99% of the time, JTS normally releases new titles on Friday however, as long as the release day is not a officially recognized US holiday and not a day or two right before a major holiday. Secret
11-20-2018, 11:45 AM,
The usual link worked fine for me:

http://www.wargamedesignstudio.com/
11-21-2018, 05:18 AM,
(11-19-2018, 10:24 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: Sorry I'm late to this party.

If my memory serves me correctly, 99% of the time, JTS normally releases new titles on Friday however, as long as the release day is not a officially recognized US holiday and not a day or two right before a major holiday. Secret

Actually that was an HPS thing...we now release them whenever they are ready.  ;-)