• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A new battle!
11-14-2018, 10:30 AM,
A new battle!
Yes, I'm spittin' em' out like a fertile and eager peasant woman.
Counterstrike at Marle - released
Putingrad - about to be released
and now, fresh outta da womb.... Desert Maelstrom

Here is the description:

Southern Tunisia (H2H or teamgame): In this hypothetical battle, it is spring 1943 and the Axis powers are on the run in North Africa.
 The Americans have finally broken thru in the Kasserine Pass area, and the U.S. 2nd Armored Division,
Hell on Wheels, has been charged with striking southeast and linking up with advance elements of the British 8th Army. The British have smashed thru the Mareth Line, with the 8th Armoured Brigade leading the charge north into Tunisia. They hope to trap several Afrika Korps formations, including the 15th Panzer Division.
 But unbeknownst to them, OKW has authorized a daring combined-arms operation with elite German Fallschirmjagers and their Italian allies. Two 'crack' Italian armored battle groups, Brigata Imperiali and Gruppo Taciti "Sahariana" are moving posthaste down from Tunis. They are to link up with Fallschirmjager Regiment Ramcke, and together will ensure the safe withdrawl of the 15th Panzer. But the allies have similar designs, and have already unleashed the 30th American airborne regiment to facilitate the linkup with the British.
All of these forces are on a collision course which will surely result in a maelstrom in the desert!

It's a biggie, a 'smaller' size 10, a corps level game. I currently have it set at 50 turns.
I'm looking for a play tester, someone who can knock out a turn every couple of nights.
I've already played against myself and have made adjustments. I think only a lil' bit more tweeking may be necessary. Email or message me.

I want to thank those who helped with Marle and are currently testing Putingrad. I'm pleased with those: a France 40' battle and then the East Front. Now, hoping for the Gold in the deserts of N. Africa.
Maelstrom is INSANE.

Tankertony>>>
Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2018, 12:41 PM,
RE: A new battle!
Myself and John Pirman are playing Marle right now, great scenario!! Thanks for your efforts brother!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
11-17-2018, 12:49 PM,
(11-14-2018, 10:30 AM)Tankertony Wrote: Yes, I'm spittin' em' out like a fertile and eager peasant woman.
Counterstrike at Marle - released
Putingrad - about to be released
and now, fresh outta da womb.... Desert Maelstrom

Here is the description:

Southern Tunisia (H2H or teamgame): In this hypothetical battle, it is spring 1943 and the Axis powers are on the run in North Africa.
 The Americans have finally broken thru in the Kasserine Pass area, and the U.S. 2nd Armored Division,
Hell on Wheels, has been charged with striking southeast and linking up with advance elements of the British 8th Army. The British have smashed thru the Mareth Line, with the 8th Armoured Brigade leading the charge north into Tunisia. They hope to trap several Afrika Korps formations, including the 15th Panzer Division.
 But unbeknownst to them, OKW has authorized a daring combined-arms operation with elite German Fallschirmjagers and their Italian allies. Two 'crack' Italian armored battle groups, Brigata Imperiali and Gruppo Taciti "Sahariana" are moving posthaste down from Tunis. They are to link up with Fallschirmjager Regiment Ramcke, and together will ensure the safe withdrawl of the 15th Panzer. But the allies have similar designs, and have already unleashed the 30th American airborne regiment to facilitate the linkup with the British.
All of these forces are on a collision course which will surely result in a maelstrom in the desert!

It's a biggie, a 'smaller' size 10, a corps level game. I currently have it set at 50 turns.
I'm looking for a play tester, someone who can knock out a turn every couple of nights.
I've already played against myself and have made adjustments. I think only a lil' bit more tweeking may be necessary. Email or message me.

I want to thank those who helped with Marle and are currently testing Putingrad. I'm pleased with those: a France 40' battle and then the East Front. Now, hoping for the Gold in the deserts of N. Africa.
Maelstrom is INSANE.

Tankertony>>>
Tony,

"I'm your huckleberry"
   -Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday...Tombstone (IMDB)

Dale
dawags
11-18-2018, 12:08 AM,
(11-17-2018, 12:41 PM)Warhorse Wrote: Myself and John Pirman are playing Marle right now, great scenario!! Thanks for your efforts brother!

Hey Tony,

Mike and I are having a lot of fun with your scenario Marle. What I like about it is that its close quarters combat. Tank ranges are really short making for an interesting game with right in your face combat. Great scenario so far my friend!

Regards,
John Wink
11-18-2018, 03:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-18-2018, 03:22 AM by Tankertony.)
I'm glad you guys are enjoying the Marle scenario. That same range factor is at play in Desert Maelstrom, where most armored units are limited to 3 to 6 hexes, especially in the British/Italian sector. But they're not afforded the same cover as the hills and fields of Flanders. It's gets very dicey.

In fact, I still want to play Marle as Germans. Never played as Germans. Open offer to anyone reading this.

I've attached the files for Desert Maelstrom. It's still in development, awaiting playtesting. If anyone is interested in testing let me know.  

Tankertony>>>

Attached Files
.zip   Desert Maelstrom.zip (Size: 95.81 KB / Downloads: 14)
11-25-2018, 09:53 PM,
Looking forward to your next scenario
You have done some good scenarios
12-11-2018, 08:13 AM,
I'm still looking for someone to help test out Desert Maelstrom. 

This one is crazy epic:
Afrika Korps
Americans 
British 8th Army
Fallschirmjager
U.S. Paratroops
Italian tanks

Ok, I'll throw in a case of beer, delivered to your door. 
Cheers3 Cheers4 Cheers3
12-12-2018, 01:31 PM,
How big is it Tony?
We could probably make room...is it a team game or "biggun" or something more intimate?
No beer required but I would suggest we quit one of our current matches if it's a biggun.

I actually went back to work...idiot that I am...so my game time is cut short once again...and I cut my own throat so now complaining. Actually I suppose complaining would be quite difficult with a slit throat now wouldn't it?

Email me, we can sort it.
Sounds like fun.

And YES Marle is a great scenario.
There are some wrinkles in that one, and the very early war variant units are almost all "exciting and newwwww..."
Like the Love Boat, but they shoot.
12-12-2018, 01:33 PM,
UPDATE:
I just actually read your first post...lol...and yes it's a biggun...
Size matters, but it's how you use it that really counts.
12-12-2018, 11:21 PM,
That what she said! Rolling Eyes

Farmer

HSL