• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WW1 Lee Enfield with Wire Cutters
11-10-2018, 07:03 PM,
WW1 Lee Enfield with Wire Cutters
I am in the wire in a PBEM game and trying to work out how to use the LE/WC. 
... I step into the wire... become pinned... fire the wire cutter in my hex... nothing happens, apart from the sound of a gunshot. Next turn I try again... again nothing...

Am I just being unlucky with theses wire cutters, will they eventually work or am I doing something wrong?
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2018, 12:09 PM,
RE: WW1 Lee Enfield with Wire Cutters
(11-10-2018, 07:03 PM)Embis Wrote: I am in the wire in a PBEM game and trying to work out how to use the LE/WC. 
... I step into the wire... become pinned... fire the wire cutter in my hex... nothing happens, apart from the sound of a gunshot. Next turn I try again... again nothing...

Am I just being unlucky with theses wire cutters, will they eventually work or am I doing something wrong?
Never used them but what is listed for the range?
11-11-2018, 07:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-11-2018, 07:49 PM by Embis.)
The range is 10 but that must be for the rifle, not the wire cutter. There is a video below showing how a real one worked ....clearly the range of 10 does not refer to the wire cutter!!....although I bet they wished it had!

Napoleon I
11-11-2018, 08:02 PM,
In the database the wirecutters are listed as a "load" below

[Image: wirecutter.gif]
Napoleon I
11-12-2018, 11:36 AM,
(11-11-2018, 08:02 PM)Embis Wrote: In the database the wirecutters are listed as a "load" below

[Image: wirecutter.gif]

From what I remember, you have to select the Wire Cutter as a load for the weapon and then fire it.
11-12-2018, 07:16 PM,
That works!

...Grrr...If I had worked that out two turns ago it might have made all the difference.

The reliability at 95% seems excessive. From what I have subsequently read, this was an unreliable device.
Napoleon I