• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
02-13-2019, 07:29 AM,
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
The situation in the north.

[Image: GT%2024%20Russ%202.png]

Artillery and air was used on units I hoped were vulnerable. 3 definitely disrupted however two of these did receive direct fire as well from T-34 units. 

I used the 378th and 397th to pull out the isolated units. The 650th is disrupted so it will be easy to assault and push back...or sideways whichever way the random odds generator dictates! I thought about stacking a T-70 unit with it but then I would not have had a unit to sit behind the front line.

The units pulled out do have one non disrupted tank unit but it only 10 T-34's and is AMMO LOW which means its halved! So an assault should win here and they will fall back. Of course if the Random generator God picks the wrong hex then they might not be able to retreat because of stacking limitations? That's a tactic I've seen used by players but its not one I'm deliberately trying to play here!

Anyway I've set up as best as possible. Nearly every T-34 unit is at the party apart from one in the south. (364th) 

IF he pockets anything I'll struggle to free it. Yes only 3 turns left to play so it doesn't really matter. Its probably just as well as I don't fancy fighting south 1 hex at a time.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 02-13-2019, 07:29 AM