• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
02-13-2019, 07:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-13-2019, 07:44 AM by Plain Ian.)
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
Ok here is some detail. First the south.

[Image: GT%2024%20Russ%201.png]

The 59th Gds Artillery were forced to fire over open sights. They did plenty of damage but did not disrupt the attackers. My AA unit moved out to protect the flanks and the 3/91st came down to help plug the hole. 

The 1/91st traded blows and ended up disrupted.

The 2/91st did better.

I left the 359th alone to face the assault if it comes. The 1/20th would have been chewed up if Mike decided to stand and fire.  He has heavy artillery so the T-70 will disrupt if targeted I think. 

Since his AT unit was disrupted I decided to take the damned village which has been a thorn in my side. Artillery was used and I brought down the 364th for direct fire support. (not much) The 166th (full Ammo) was brought up for the assault....and disrupted under defensive fire before it could even assault. Frustrated I threw the 1413th Sappers (Low Ammo) at the village and they suffered badly! Obviously his infantry are not disrupted. 

I didn't like the look of that 100th Jaeger Pioneer unit so I've padded things out with some rag tag units in a bid to prevent him isolating the 364th. 

And that is that. Turn 24 and 3 to go.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 02-13-2019, 07:14 AM