• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
02-10-2019, 06:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-10-2019, 06:14 AM by Plain Ian.)
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
[Image: GT%2023%20Russ%20results.png]

A bit premature but I couldn't resist it. [Image: GT%2023%20Russ%20art.png]

I used the powerful 5th Gds in the south west as I was hoping to mount a mini offensive here. 
The 1105th and 1158th were used to disrupt the unit from the 113th which had halted my assaults last turn. In fact the unit Broke after two barrages! Artillery was then switched to his Nebelwerfers. Just for good measure I also used an air unit against them holding one back for next turn...if its available.

[Image: GT%2023%20Russ%20moves.png]

I cancelled the mini offensive in the south and just went over to the defensive. 

The 358th and 364th had full supply so i used them to mount a small attack towards Manoylin and isolate a Pioneer unit. I may regret this as the 358th is now stuck.

The 365th made an easy assault.

The 650th made an assault to clear his blocking units away and the the 378th moved in to allow the 'pocket' to pull out. The 378th then moved to the flanks leaving the 1/40th to hold. IF the 1/40th had been disrupted then I would have had a problem trying to withdraw the units AND hold the line. As it is I have 3 strong T-34 units holding a line which should allow me to withdraw south...I hope.

In the east I moved the 133rd into position losing a tank. The 3/22nd finally undisrupted so is now available as well. 

Time to look at Mikes moves. His turn came back this afternoon.....
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 02-10-2019, 06:13 AM