• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
02-06-2019, 08:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-06-2019, 08:44 AM by Plain Ian.)
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
Turn 22 Russian

For this turn I did my artillery before my moves. Usually I do my artillery during my moves so that if new targets appear I can take advantage of it. The aim of artillery is the same. Disrupt the target to allow assaults.

[Image: GT%2022%20art.png]

Artillery availability was good, only the 5th Gds Mortar/Rkt were unavailable. I had two good Rgts (18 x 122mm) whch could target the hex I needed to help my assault on his Marder group. 
Results shown above were reasonable. The 725th result was poor as this unit has 32 tubes? I was also hoping that the 1158th would kill 10+ of his non disrupted infantry supporting the Marders and disrupt them. I managed 4!

[Image: GT%2022%20Russ%20moves.png]

And these are my moves. Not all the casualties have been show but hopefully there is enough explanation on the map for everyone to follow things.

The two isolated hexes in my rear (X and Y) have been dealt with. I managed another assault with the 3/863rd. But my attacks/assaults on his blocking unit (Z) failed. The Marders were eliminated but the small (XX men) unit of the 113th did not disrupt and held the hex despite my best efforts. The hex contains two other units from the 305th but these were disrupted to begin with.

At Verkne the 1/133rd was faced with a stack containing a disrupted 88mm unit in T- mode no less, a disrupted Pioneer XX unit, an undisrupted AA XX unit and an undisrupted 305th XXX unit. Rather than eliminate the 88mm I tried to disrupt both of the undisrupted units. The casualties inflicted were clearly not high enough to do this, so the 182nd was spared an assault attempt. A pity to as this would have put me adjacent to the 100 VP hex. I've brought up the 2/133rd. The 396th did manage to kill an 88mm at 2 hex range and also inflicted damage on the Pioneers adjacent.

Anyway I await Mikes response. Well actually its already back but I won't have time to check it tonight.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 02-06-2019, 08:39 AM