• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
02-03-2019, 10:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-04-2019, 04:58 AM by Plain Ian.)
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
Quick map. I'll update with the losses later. It shows current state of the pocket. Interestingly it shows that Mike has left group A slightly vulnerable? I moved the 378th slightly last turn and this turn he has left a few empty hexes behind goup A? It doesn't look like he tried to assault 3/753rd back? 

Is it possible to force group A to retreat away NE? Its as if he wants me to do this? Of course it means risking my best units on the map? (378th/650th)

[Image: GT%2021%20Germ%20pocket.png]

Edit: Map updated to show losses. 

Assault 1 pushes my units back on to stack B.
Assault 2 looks like a failed assault against my stack B? I did lose a T-34 though. He has disrupted units in the blue German stack C.
Assaults 3/4 against the Svechinkovskiy Redoubt. Almost 700 men and 2 T-70 tanks lost. Just under 200 more men left.....to go into the bag.

There were some other losses but I've not shown them. Mike lost two 88's at Verkne-Buzinovka when he moved them. I won't map the south or east. 
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 02-03-2019, 10:51 PM