• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
02-02-2019, 04:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-02-2019, 04:23 AM by Plain Ian.)
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
Turn 20

[Image: GT%2020%20Germ%20map.png]

Mikes moves above. 

The pocket is reduced to 4 hexes. The hex at Svechinkovskiy is supplied but the only non disrupted unit are the two tanks of the 2/40th. I will continue moving the pocket south and I might attempt an assault from hex D north east against his disupted unit. 

Mike has reinforced the hexes south of the pocket and is sliding more units around the south west edge of the pocket to join them. In another turn I'm going to be faced with a serious defense. Some of these units are 100th Jaeger. 

In the south his artillery picked on an AA unit and killed 6 guns with ease. He did not make any moves to close up with my defenses. As usual he did not fire.

He did make one surprising assault against the 2/20th Motorised then pulled back? The 2/20th was already disrupted and it suffered light casualties. Its currently Fatigue 34 so is still battle worthy once it recovers from Disruption and Low Ammo.

The light tank unit 379th was badly mauled by artillery and is down to 3 T-70's. 

At Verkne-Buzinovka his Nebelwerfers and artillery pounded the 2/893rd. They are currently Fatigue 80 so will slip to yellow Fatigue if he does it again!

Still to look at map properly and work out my moves. The Isolated units in my rear are a pain. 
I think I've got as far as I can go without leaving gaps. I guess I can make one more go at reaching the pocket. 
I doubt if I can make any progress at Buzinovka without the 22nd Motorised Bde recovering disruption.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 02-02-2019, 04:22 AM