• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
01-31-2019, 07:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-31-2019, 07:03 AM by Plain Ian.)
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
Turn 20 Russian

[Image: GT%2020%20Russ%20main.png]

Sorry its a bit 'kitchen sink' graphics. I'll keep the next one simple.

I've shrunk the pocket slightly and shuffled everything south in the bottom pocket towards the relief force.....
In the northern pocket the 1/40 clanked its two tanks into the safety of the village to await the final assault.
Casualties from defensive fire were pretty low.

South of the pocket I basically scheduled assaults to push his units out of the way or backwards. 

1) 371st assaults the disrupted Pioneers and this allows 650th to advance and begin pounding the next stack.
2) 397th is brought over to assault the 305th. Its pounded before by artillery (-20) and presumably disrupts as the assault succeeds. 397th pulls back. 
3) 379th follows up and hits the same enemy unit pushing it back on his armour stack. I hit the armour with two air attacks. The Marders are easy and I kill two, but I only manage a fatigue hit against the StuG's.
The 378th also joins the party and kills two StuG's. The 173rd is left to hold the line.

At Buzinovka I manage two more assaults. 
4) The 552nd pounds his 305th unit and racks up -17. The 2/893rd assaults on the assumption that he has disrupted which proves to be correct.
5) The 3/884th assaults his disrupted infantry and pushes it back on the Pioneers. 

Mukovkin
6) The 1/133rd preps his Pioneers with tank fire and the 182nd assaults. (despite being yellow fatigue)

And that was most of the action in the north and east. Sufficient artillery or tank fire is almost guaranteed to disrupt his fatigued company sized units making them vulnerable to assault even with my Low Ammo units. (1/2 strength)

I'm now within a kilometer but Mike will be able to throw more units in the way. Or possibly start up a small offensive in the south? We will see. Map of the south shortly. Fewer lines so easier on the eyes......
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 01-31-2019, 07:01 AM