• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
01-27-2019, 05:06 AM,
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
Turn 19

[Image: GT%2019%20Russ%20est.png]

Most of the map has comments and arrows showing movements. 

I didn't make much progress south of the pocket. The 397th managed a hex but I kept the 650th in place. (and forgot to fire it!) He'll possibly pull the 305th unit back next turn so I want the 650th here. I moved up the 1/884th but kept them west of the steam rather than move them east to isolate the other 305th unit. Streams cost a lot of movement points so the unit would be doing nothing for the next few turns. 

South of Verkne-Buzinovka things went well. I had to feel my way forward in the dark but I had everything concentrated so it was a case of using the right unit for each job. The 378th was ready to begin pounding the 305th unit but it made more sense to swing it west after the 397th. It managed one round of fire on teh unlucky Panzer Jaegers. 
I've swung the 196th west rather than fight my way north through town hexes. 

At Mukovkin the 182nd (I forgot to label them) assaulted and artilley and tank fire disrupted most of the defenders. Its taken a while but I'm slowly getting there. 

Osinovka fell this turn. This will release three units. An AA unit is already south of V-B and I have two more units to bring up, although I might send the Sappers north to watch the northen flank at Os'kinskiy. (a long march) 

Dawn next turn so lets see how things look. Lets hope subordinating everything to the62nd Army HQ pays off.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 01-27-2019, 05:06 AM