• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
01-26-2019, 04:40 AM,
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
Turn 19 Russian

[Image: GT%2019%20Russ%20pocket.png]

Close up of the pocket. 

Preliminary plans were based on his Stugs being a weak point. Artillery and tank fire would weaken or disrupt them allowing the 2/84th Gds to assault. The second part would be the 1/40th disrupting the infantry next to them and again clearing the way for the 3/753rd to assault. 

Well things didn't work as planned. Artillery could only manage fatigue hits and the disrupted 644th did its best but just managed 1 Stug at the cost of a T-34. Nothing ventured nothing gained. The 2/84th (Low Ammo) moved up and charged....... and failed. They did not disrupt. 

To the north the 1/40th shot poorly despite being fully supplied and the enemy only benefiting from a 5% defensive bonus. (Improved) I was hoping for 15-20 losses which would give me a fair chance of expecting disruption. Reluctantly I aborted the assault by the 3/753rd as there was no chance of success against a non disrupted German infantry unit. 

Instead the 3/753rd was brought down to join the 2/84th for one last assault next turn?

Elsewhere the 614th unlimbers and are told to hold the back door open. The disrupted masses spread out as best as possible. The 2/40th and 1486th take a chance and reinforce the disrupted 2/262nd. I expected a deluge of defensive fire but only one unit fired and I lost 2 men.

And that is it. Surely my supply line within the pocket will be cut next turn?
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 01-26-2019, 04:40 AM