• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
01-23-2019, 08:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2019, 08:06 AM by Plain Ian.)
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
Turn 18 German east

[Image: GT%2018%20German%20east.png]

Last map with correct labels I hope. Mike readies his defenses of Verkne-Buzinovka pulling things back where possible. He is a bit unlucky in that two of his moves triggers defensive fire which disrupts him.

Prospects for 4th Tank Army/196th look good. They seem to be in the perfect spot. However Russian infantry is not the most mobile.

Only 3 units are Ammo Low. Unfortunately the T-34 unit adjacent to Verkne-Buzinovka is one of them. 

I can see two possible assaults against disrupted units and maybe a 3rd IF I use the 378th (17 T-34's) to disrupt rather than move. However that leaves just the 397th (T-70's) for probes. There is a large gap with 1st Tank Army to the left so no support from here. 

No prospect of any big advances as he will have something waiting to the sw of Verkne-Buzinovka. I guess I just push north/north west and see how far I get? The 133rd will keep up the pressure at Mukovkin whilst the 22nd Rifle Bde recovers.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 01-23-2019, 08:03 AM