• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
01-23-2019, 06:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2019, 07:23 AM by Plain Ian.)
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
GT 18 German - south

[Image: GT%2018%20German%20sth.png]

Not much to see from Mike. 

Basically he tidied up his lines and pulled units back. He left one isolated stack behind which contains a 305th XXX sized coy and a 305th XX sized artillery unit. There is also a stack from the 113th (which I did mark up) but this isn't isolated.

Mike did make an attack against the 61st in the west (I got it right this time I said west in a post above) but he got mauled by defensive fire and disrupted. (5th Gds Mortar did a great job) He also made a probe against the 398th AT.

My moves. I've marked up my units which have full supply and are not disrupted. (Disrupted are outlined in red as per PzC) German units below 100 (XXX) are marked up but even a 90 man A rated unit from the 100th Jaeger is still a potent unit. Of course if its fatigued or Low Ammo it wont be A.

61st Rgt is raring to go and has an easy assault but I'll probably just hold and fire. 

To the north of them I only have the 163rd fit for offensive action which isn't much as Motorised units are only good for assaults and most of my units are disrupted or low in ammo/fuel.

The centre looks a bit more healthy thanks to the 196th Division rolling well and its units being in full supply/ammo. The HQ is in the right place. 

My ace is the 650th Tank Bn with its 22 T-34's. This can cause damage and disruptions. 

Artillery for turn is reasonable. I have two heavy artillery Rgts...but 1 might be used for the pocket?

Lastly off to the east is 4th Tank which I'll look at in my last map.

Edit: map labels for 1st and 4th Tank Armies corrected. They were reversed.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 01-23-2019, 06:43 AM