• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
01-22-2019, 08:13 AM,
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
Turn 18 German

[Image: GT%2018%20Germ%20pocket.png]

Mike continues to slowly squish the pocket. Plan Anaconda I think its called. Wonder what the German is for Anaconda? I did German 45 years ago? Will look it up.

Anyway I digress. Nebelwerfers or smoke mortars do a nice job on the 2/262nd and it disrupts after losing 30 men. I would have tried an assault after it lost 10 men never mind 30, but MIke holds back and continues to shoot it up. It is disrupted with fatigue 106. (started at 27)

There was some other fire but most of the damage to the pocket is caused by the assaults. The 616th Artillery Rgt are removed from the Russian OOB......although like Arnie "they'll be baaaack" for the next battle as soon as the factories crank out 36 more.

He made no moves or attacks to the south of the pocket and again Svechinkovskiy was quiet.

I saw quite a bit movement and have pasted these as best as possible. Didn't liek those StuG's scuttling past.....

Prospects for Op Gp Khrushchev/Zhuravlev are better than expected but they are still bad. 
Group A has 3 units which are Full Supply and UNDISRUPTED!!!! Use them to shore up the 2/262nd? 
The 1/40th (13 x T-34) and 3/753rd are Full Supply and combat effective. 1/40th and the 3/753rd do the Russian combo?
The 303rd, 2/84th, 40th Sappers are in good order but Ammo Low which makes them good probably for defense only. 
I do not have any night bombers but I do have one artillery unit for support, although this might be more useful supporting 4th Tank Army breaking in? 

Battle has reached an interesting point. Its going to be check mate for Mike but maybe I can spin out the moves. I possibly see a couple of desperate assaults I cam make from the pocket. 

Map of the south and east later.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 01-22-2019, 08:13 AM