• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
01-21-2019, 03:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-21-2019, 03:52 AM by Plain Ian.)
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
Turn 18

[Image: GT%2018%20Russian%20map.png]

In the east the 91st Rgt continues its fire fights. I think over both turns I'm inflicting more casualties than I am receiving but it does mean he is pinning 3-4 of my valuable units down here when they could be better employed at the front.

The 3/20th makes an assault but fails. The 2/20th pulls back. 

Further east after an assault by the 3/863rd I've managed to move units up to isolate 3 of his front line units. 

Just west of Verkne-Buzinovka I try a similar move. Rather than pile up units south of the town I've opted to swing them out west. Unfortunately he did have a small Panzerjaeger armoured unit just behind so I haven't managed to isolate him.

The battle of Osinovka continue but should end next turn as he is down to just X men.

At Mukovkin I tried to swing the 2/133rd around him but met a hidden Pioneer unit. 

My armour batters his units at Verkne-Buzinovka but the 1/22nd suffers heavily trying to disrupt his AT guns.

Both carpet bomb attempts fail. One misses and the other only manages 3 losses at Verkne.
The 5th Gd Mortar Rgt do well though and kill two guns south of Manoylin.

So over to Mike and his response.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 01-21-2019, 03:49 AM