• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
01-20-2019, 10:40 PM,
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
(01-20-2019, 09:35 PM)ComradeP Wrote: I guess at this point you're mostly playing to see if you can reach the pocket, considering the VP's.

Note that any assaulting unit that doesn't Disrupt during the assault will knock ~50% off Disrupted units that can't retreat. Using multiple units is often not as efficient. You can assault with decent/good quality small units and achieve better results through multiple assaults, instead of one big one. That's more difficult to do for the Soviets as they have a higher chance to Disrupt.

Yes I guess I'm just playing on to see if I can reach the pocket. Of course that possibly won't reflect my play, I think Mike can stop me if he wants? He possibly doesn't feel the need to stop me as the game is won anyway.

I think I'm past the point where I should have thrown in the towel so I might as well finish the game. 

As for assaults I agree that attacking individually is the way to go. The Russians do have to watch for disruption although you can reduce this I think by using what I call soak offs? If you have a disrupted unit adjacent then you use this to reduce the defensive fire of the assaulted unit by trying to get it to return fire. I say "think" because I've always assumed that an assaulted unit uses the same code as a unit which is fired on during a turn and basically can return fire a maximum of 3 times? Maybe I'm wrong? 

Of course artillery can also spoil an assault so that's unpredictable and a very nice touch in the game.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 01-20-2019, 10:40 PM