• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
01-15-2019, 08:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-20-2019, 10:46 PM by Plain Ian.)
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
Game Turn 17

[Image: GT%2017%20German.png]

Ok everything squeezed on to one map.

Mikes turn was pretty simple. He is taking his time with the pocket and just pushing it in from the north where most of his best units (100th Jager) are stationed. He has not attempted to attack Svechinkovskiy or try to cut off supply from the supply hex. The pocket is still sealed. He has 9 turns to finish the job......not that he has to.

In the east his Nebelwerfers attacked the 182nd again. I hope they go Unavailable soon. I am tempted to try a Night carpet bomber on them as they have been spotted!

In the south he pulled back his 'death star' towards Manoylin leaving one company as a rear guard. Job done. He continues to probe in the south against the 91st. He also fell back north of Nizhnyaya-Buzinovka.

My turn. Well I have two carpet bombers to use this turn. I usually select targets next my own disrupted units which means the north of the pocket might be suitable? However I have nothing to lose by using them in the south of the pocket.

Artillery is not great. All of my heavy artillery are Unavailable. I have nothing in range of the pocket this turn to help further breakout attacks. The 5th Gds Mortar in the south is available though. It doesn't have many targets though as its a 62nd Army unit. (only 196th Div/91st Gds Rgt are spotters)

Supply for the pocket is mixed. Tanks are Ammo Low but again most Sappers and 3/753rd have full supply. Limited attack prospects for me.
Supply in the south is similar. Most heavy tanks low or disrupted. T-70 units have supply. Limited attack prospects at Nizhnyaya possible.
Supply in east is fairly good. Most tank units have full supply. Attacks possible but no progress expected.

Edit 20th Jan - map updated to correct it. There is no gap in the German lines south of Manoylin 2 hexes west of the 365th.  The village is occupied.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 01-15-2019, 08:11 AM