• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
01-13-2019, 07:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-14-2019, 12:12 AM by Plain Ian.)
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
Turn 17 Russian

[Image: GT%2017%20Russ%20sth.png]

Action in the south. 

The 91st Rgt keeps up its fire against his advance. I manage one disruption. (I noticed this at turn end)

South of Manoylin I have no choice but to pull back. I use the 365th to allow the 359th to pull back south then use the 365th to replace the 364th (T-34 unit) in the west east. The 1/20th is pulled back and the 358th is sent over to the west east as well. I bring the 364th over and put it in front of his mega 'death star' stack. I don't think I have much choice here, I have to assume the worst and that is Mike is going to keep coming. Of course he may just stop having achieved his objective.

Further west I manage to make two assaults to cause him problems. Unfortunately he is prepared and his artillery group has a rearguard unit protecting his los. I can't see him bugging out though, that's not his style.

The 650th blasts an artillery unit out of existence then moves west to apply a bit of pressure. 

I get carried away with the 2/884th and things are looking good until the the third round of fire triggers artillery which disrupts it. I then had to bring over the 397th to have it available in case he makes an advance in this area. At turn end I was slightly relieved to see that I had disrupted him but of course he may recover.

And that was that for the south. A lot of thought but no real progress. I guess I'm good at micro managing things and seeing opportunities but crap at organising a campaign.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 01-13-2019, 07:47 AM