• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
01-10-2019, 07:41 AM,
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
Turn 16 German

[Image: GT%2016%20Germ%20east.png]

In the east the 2/22nd suffers significant artillery losses and disrupts. Nebelwerfers are deadly and cause most of them.

Apart from that Mike does not fire but reorganises his defenses. I don't know if this is his standard pattern of play or whether its because he doesn't need to fire? possibly he is concentrating on defending and doesn't want to trigger defensive fire which might disrupt him? (that's a standard Russian tactic) 

It looks like he has abandoned his unit at Nizhnyaya and pulled his unit north to Verkne.

My moves? Well the supply god smiled on me as I have very few low units. I also a good round of disruption recovery.

There are opportunities at Nizhnyaya if I can eliminate his rearguard and advance the 378th north. Visibility is 2 hexes so he has nothing behind Nizhnyaya.

Osinovka is now set for an assault. Both his units are disrupted and both my units are full supply and not disrupted! I just have to worry about defensive fire causing disruption during the assault. 

At Verkne I have ran out of steam. Not much progress will be made here. Only 1/133rd and 1/22nd have any combat power.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 01-10-2019, 07:41 AM