• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
01-09-2019, 07:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2019, 07:07 AM by Plain Ian.)
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
Turn 16 German

[Image: GT%2016%20Germ%20pocket.png]

I've gone back to using Jisons Map Mod. It might take a while to get used to it. If it makes it harder to see the uploaded files a'll reinstate the bog standard map files.

The cut off pockets were eliminated and he assaulted most of the targets I expected him to. I thought he might try to cut off the 2/40th but he was content to hammer it with Nebelwerfer fire then assault it back onto the infantry behind. He then pushed this group back onto the 2/84th Gds.

The north east was hit by a lot of fire but there was no assault on the 1486th Sapper group.

No attacks in the south but he has brought up his armour to support the Pioneers and the disrupted infantry south of Svechinkovskiy.

Things still looking terminal but air support is available and some 62nd Army artillery can also be used. I have one Regiment (18 guns) which can target his StuGs/Marders.

I have also been lucky that 3 units undisrupted including the 2/40th Tank Bn. It only has 2 tanks left though. Supply also reasonable. For some weird reason all the Sapper units are undisrupted and have full supply. (303rd/40th Gds/1486th) 

Armour support will be weak. 644th and 1/40th are undisrupted but Low Ammo. 

I'll post the south and east tomorrow night. I've to watch the replay of these bits again. There is some action to see in the south. Mike hits back with a few assaults!
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 01-09-2019, 07:31 AM