• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
01-05-2019, 02:27 AM,
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
Turn 15 Russian

[Image: Turn%2015%20Russ%20pocket.png]

Operation Deckchairs on the Titanic - final shuffle

General Zhuravlev is ashen faced as he stares at the reports. 62nd Army has cancelled his artillery support and doomed his breakout plans. "We do not support failure comrade, that is not the Russian way". 
The 644th Tank Bn is puled out and sent west to shore up the southern perimeter. The 40th Sappers pull back over the stream they attacked over only a few short hours ago. 

The orders to 303rd Sappers to attack south west and link up with the cut off pocket do not reach them in time. The unit pulls back east after the 3/753rd moves up to allow them to escape! There is nowhere to run for this group and they will be caught and isolated soon.

News from the northern perimeter is grim. The defense is now a rabble and there are only a handful of formed undisrupted units left. The Germans are about to sweep away or cut off everything.

Svechinkovskiy still holds! The 3/84th Guards formed up and moved into the village to support the wavering 1/84th Guards. 

There is a low roar as ground attack planes swoop in and make a half hearted attack of the German Pioneers (its always a damski Pioneer!) blocking his forces south of Svechinkovskiy. The 62nd Army have not forgotten us General Zhuravlev cries. (Actually they did because I forgot that I had air until I was about to finish the turn....doh)

Time to find my best dress uniform he thinks. I must look good when the Germans arrive.....
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 01-05-2019, 02:27 AM