• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
01-05-2019, 02:05 AM,
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
Turn 15 Russian

[Image: Turn%2015%20Russ%20east.png]

In the east skirmishing continues. 

The 396th is brought forward after lines are shortened.

An assault on his Pioneers fails and the 2/22nd becomes disrupted. I have brought forward the HQ because I was worried he might isolate the 2/22nd and 1/133rd.

The 397th shifts so that it is out of los of his 88's and helps the 1/22nd against the blocking infantry in the south. The results were not great but at turn end I saw that I had done enough to disrupt him. 

Fighting at Buzinovka continues. The disrupted 3/893rd makes a few bayonet charges to distract the Germans and draw their fire. They do a good job! The 3/884th and the 173rd Motorised then let fly and score a respectable -5 against the enemy. The 173rd congratulate themselves (soft attack value 2/1) after achieving their high score of 1 man. 
Amazingly the enemy at Buzy did disrupt. Turn end results show this. However he has a unit just a few klicks away to the north east so I expect him to swop his defenders over....boohoooo. The 173rd sharpen their sticks and prepare to do it all over again. The 3/893rd look aghast!

And that was that. If he falls back in front of Gettysgrad, sorry Verkne-Buzinovka then I may get a bit closer next turn.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 01-05-2019, 02:05 AM