• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
12-31-2018, 05:33 AM,
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
Turn 14 Russian

[Image: Turn%2014%20Russ%20sth.png]

1)     I’ve pulled back my exposed units in the south. I have quite a strong well rested line so I’m happy for him to probe. The 223rd AA is disrupted by return fire. 153rd motorised pulled back before I fire.

2)     Its the Russian two step. Assault on 113th. T-34’s fire (358th) then T-70’s (359th) assault. It only works if they are not Low Ammo so you must make the most of it. The T-70 is becoming the preferred assault unit because the Motorised infantry are too slow and easily disrupted.

3)     Another assault on the 305th but artillery and T-34’s (370th) are used to prep. 169th and 1/863rd assault despite penalty for different organisations. The 370th moves up as it only fired twice and has mp’s left. 3/20th also brought up.

4)     1259th launched into gap and pins the Pioneers.

5)     3/863rd moves up to provide cover. Strong def fire but no disruption.

6)     1/884th assaults Pioneers. Decent Def fire but thankfully no disruption. T-70 fire (379th) against artillery is pretty woeful? I expected better. They are not Low Ammo but there are only 9 T-70’s so I suppose this is the reason for the results. I may have to swop the 379th with the 650th.

7)     173rd Motorised brought over to be used for possible assault. Hopefully it will still be able for flank protection but my moves on east map may keep him from trying? See east map.

I seem to have finally reached his ‘gun line’ as I’m up against 3 of his artillery positions. He is in no mood to move them though? Things fluid from Yeseyev – Nizhnyaya but he has quite a strong line running n-s just below Manoylin.

I’m not sure how much further north I can go at Manoylin. It all depends on supply and I have been lucky with Ammo rolls the last few turns.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 12-31-2018, 05:33 AM