• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
12-22-2018, 07:22 AM,
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
[Image: Turn%2012%20Russian%20Gp%20Zhu.png]

I've changed tactic this turn. No choice really. Instead of falling back I'll let him push me back and trust that the great AI Retreat God pushes me the right way. So I've left the disrupted units out front in most places and put the undisrupted behind. I might have made a mistake in my placement of 3/753rd. 

Firstly thanks to the 6 men left cut off and doomed in the north, I called in two ground strikes on the dreaded Nebelwerfers. Both got through without being intercepted and scored 3 guns from each unit. (they were not disrupted though as I checked at turn end)

Next I thought I could exploit the fact he had two disrupted units in the north east and tried an assault. It failed miserably and the Sappers disrupted. Because of this I had to move the 40th back because if the disrupted unit recover they could assault back and possibly cut off the 2/262nd.

The 1/40th was brought north as a backstop for the impending doom which is coming from the north. I actually wanted to use it in place of the 3/676th but messed  up this move. I doubt if this will make any difference in the long run. To get the 1/40th released I had to put the 184th back in the front line.

On the eastern perimeter I did my best to put him under pressure. Ouch I'm sure he flinched.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 12-22-2018, 07:22 AM