• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
12-21-2018, 09:14 AM,
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
(12-20-2018, 07:27 PM)ComradeP Wrote: Great AAR as always.

Maybe the Nebelwerfer uses a modern MLRS or bazooka/Panzerschreck sound file?

Tank Corps look impressive on paper, but their actual effectiveness is marginal in 1942. The T-34 "battalions" are about as strong as 2 German companies in terms of Soft Attack firepower, which is underwhelming. They really need a solid Rifle division or Mechanized Corps to lead the charge as otherwise the advance is just too slow when you can't move ZOC to ZOC.

Yes possibly the sound effect is for a modern weapon system. I'm not complaining since its useful to differentiate rocket artillery from normal artillery. In fact a Bulge 44 player will start cringing when he he hears that whoosing noise!

The Russian 42 Tank Bde is a work in progress. Its light in tanks and lacks decent infantry support. The infantry are really a shock attack unit. That's a good point about the T-34 Tank Bn being comparable to two German companies for fire power. They do have a 2 hex range which does add something extra. It can be a bit of a pain when they open fire defensively at 2 hexes when you want them to wait until 1 hex but they did manage a disruption at 2 hexes in this game so I can't complain.

I'd still rather have a Jaeger Bn than a Russian Tank Bde.

[Image: units.png]

Turn just about finished. Will post it up tomorrow night.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 12-21-2018, 09:14 AM