• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
12-17-2018, 04:49 AM,
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
Turn 11 Russian

[Image: Turn%2011%20Russ%20east.png]

Speaking of chess, in the east its looking like check mate here! Never have so many brain cells been killed by so few moves. This was the best I could do and he will probably still find a way to exploit it.

I've isolated one of his units but he will probably find a unit to fill the gap. I could not isolate him and yet protect myself from counter isolation. I also had to somehow protect my flanks.

If the disrupted enemy unit to the south  reorganises he has at least 10 units to manoeuvre. I've got 9 at the moment and 3 cut off. I have moved the 378th so that it is available. 

This is not going to end up well here in the east. I guess I should have moved up blasted his front line units to bits. Then halted so I could then move off the map in the last few turns and get some VP's. 

I've limbered up the 1263rd A/T Bn but they are looking at the stream to the south of them and saying.....sorry we can't cross that! Comrade Stalin will not be happy having to make more 76mm A/T guns.

I flew air recon and it confirms that he has a reception for me in Verkne-Buzinovka.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 12-17-2018, 04:49 AM