• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
12-17-2018, 04:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-17-2018, 09:41 AM by Plain Ian.)
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
Turn 11 Russian

[Image: Turn%2011%20Russ%20sth.png]

33rd Gds artillery hits the 305th group opposite the 365th Tank Bn (T-70). The 358th (T-34) shifts to support and adds its fire support. I then try an assault with the 365th and defensive fire kills an AA gun from the Mot AA Bn which is stacked in the same hex. I press the button to finish the assault.... and lose another tank. Mmmh looks like the enemy unit is not a company strength unit? Doh! I pull back the Motorised A/A Bn which has lost 3 guns to two failed assaults.

My T-34's continue their pounding of the enemy. The 364th doesn't have much luck against the enemy holding the village. (Village -20 IMPROVED -10) Time to move and find easier targets.

I advance the 3/863rd hopeful that my artillery has disrupted the enemy unit north of it. He pulled it back last turn so it must be weakened? Unit is down to XX strength but after the turn end was pressed, I checked to see if it was disrupted. Nope. In fact none of his units disrupted this turn.

At Nizhnyaya I made a few attacks and suffered heavily from defensive artillery fire. I decided to shift my armour (650th) towards my left flank here and possibly threaten his artillery. Just getting him to limber up would be a bonus. (its heavy artillery so can't limber and move I think?) After the turn end I looked at the map and realised....oh crap.....that's another tank unit which will be isolated. 

If you like playing chess then this is the scenario for you....

Edited: to make some of this readable......
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 12-17-2018, 04:35 AM