• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
12-16-2018, 08:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-16-2018, 10:35 PM by Plain Ian.)
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
[Image: Turn%2011%20Russ.png]

Turn 11 moves for the Russians above. I continue pulling back. 

I've pulled across the 2/676th to support the 3/676th.

In the south west I've put the disrupted units into two stacks. One is covered by a tank unit. The other tank unit (1/40th) I've pulled out for the south. I just have to hope that the retreat AI is kind to me if he disrupts my covering infantry unit and assaults my larger stack. 

I thought about moving the 644th to support the 84th Gds and begin pushing him back but that will only leave a gap for him to exploit so I'll beat up the recon unit just now and try to slowly edge east with the tank unit.

My forces are slowly moving south east but I don't have any realistic expectations of breaking out. Possibly I should have started attacking out earlier? Maybe giving the Guards units Regimental HQ's at the start of the scenario would help keep these units undisrupted? Recoverng from disruption is the only way to survive in this scenario.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 12-16-2018, 08:23 AM