• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
12-15-2018, 08:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-15-2018, 08:05 AM by Plain Ian.)
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
[Image: Turn%2010%20German%20Os.png]

Its all quiet at Osinovka. Mike happy to sit tight. It could be another Demyansk. I'm not sure if I have the strength to do any damage. 378th Tank Bn did not recover from disruption so its going to be a long fight unless I reinforce here.

[Image: Turn%2010%20German%20sth.png]

In the south Mike shuffled a few units in his front line and pulled the disrupted/broken group back. 

He selected a few Russian units for artillery fire. 

Daylight has revealed that he is digging in south of Manovlin and that his StuG's are in reserve here as well.

I doubt I will make much progress this turn here as there was no real recovery in disruption by most of the infantry units. My tanks can't go very far without an infantry shield. 

[Image: Turn%2010%20German%20east.png]

Well he only had to make two moves to cut off the 3 units of 182nd Tank Bde. I should have been more careful last turn with my moves but that's hindsight. 

I now have the problem of extracting these units. I won't manage this turn. It might end up being a game of me isolating him and both of us locked in a struggle where we both can't kill each other and break each others isolation. Not my kind of game really which is why I didn't pursue his Broken units.

I'm pretty sure his Marders are close by and waiting to intervene when it suits him?

I've marked up my possible moves in white. No point in holding a wide front, everything will have to slide south west. The only important thing now is to cover the VP hex at Oskinskiy.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 12-15-2018, 08:04 AM