• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
12-15-2018, 03:50 AM,
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
[Image: Turn%2010%20German%20Gp%20Zhu.png]

The situation in the pocket. The 3/88th were destroyed by artillery fire and the other 88th Rgt group were assaulted and lost over half their strength. 

The 3/676th were hit by artillery and also assaulted but miraculously held. However it is down to 95 men and has Fatigue 230. 

The 298th Artillery Rgt were also assaulted and received fire.

In the the south west the disrupted units I left out in front were assaulted and pushed back as I expected. The 1/294th and 1/297th took heavier losses as they were hit by a bigger German group.

The German disrupted unit opposite the 415th A/T Bn finally recovered and assaulted. 

Things looking desperate in the north but at least most units are undisrupted. The south west creaking as the number of disrupted units pile up. Disrupted units are a liability as they are slow and easily assaulted. You have to watch where you place them. Next time I'll play with Gold version.

The good news is that the 2/40th has found fuel as is no longer Low Fuel!! Yipppeee.

I've borrowed General Konev's picture to use as Col Zhuravlev. I was going to use Vlassov as I think that would be more apt.....
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 12-15-2018, 03:50 AM