• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
12-14-2018, 07:02 AM,
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
[Image: Turn%2010%20Russ%20east.png]

Last map shows the rest of 13th Tank Corps and 4th Tank Army's attempt at attacking west. In a word....not very well. Most of the lead elements are going the wrong way! Thanks to Mikes moves.

At Mukovkin the 182nd moved up to allow the 396th Tank Bn to escape. The T-34's clanked their way out of the trap with red faces. (to be honest I didn't have tiime to move this unit last turn) The 397th closed up but I'm still concerned he may flank me so I have rushed the 22nd Motorised Brigade north. 

It is much the same story with the 133rd Tank Bde. The 2/133rd pulled back while the 1/133rd held (ZOC to ZOC) and the 1/133rd fired at the A/T unit killing its last gun. The 1/33rd then pulled back and because I still felt that he might go for another encirclement, I rushed the 22nd Tank Corps HQ forward to allow me to keep a corridor open. 

Further north I reorganised things. 

I knew that the attack by 4th Tank Army was going to be tricky and its very frustrating not being able to advance because of the fear of being cut off by a few enemy companies. Of course some of these may be very damaged but an Isolated tank unit unit is effectively dead when it cannot be rescued because you do not have any units to do this? 

So Mike is playing the right game here. Lets see what daylight shows.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 12-14-2018, 07:02 AM