• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
12-14-2018, 06:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-17-2018, 05:00 AM by Plain Ian.)
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
[Image: Turn%2010%20Russ%20sth.png]

Not a great turn for 13th Tank Corps the main spearhead for 1st Tank Army. 

After a heavy barrage (-16) there was high expectation that the 2/20th would push back the 305th coy and create a gap for our tanks to attack his disrupted/broken group. The assault failed. Rats. Strangely the 2/20th DID NOT disrupt? This is the first time I've seen this with infantry? The 305th coy unit definitely didn't disrupt either.

The 370th Tank Bn then tried to create a gap for the 364th by assaulting but this failed as well. No disruption and no losses in tanks.

The 364th decided to attack the A/T and infantry group and ended up losing a tank to defensive fire.

In the west I pulled back the 3/91st and reorganised a few things. I used artillery on another 305th unit and after getting good results I prepped for an assault by bringing up a Motorised AA Bn to hold the TRENCH after my tanks had assaulted..........and triggered defensive fire. It was quite severe and indicated that the enemy were probably not disrupted? I still went for the assault and the 365th lost a T-70 and failed.

And that was it apart from the 358th blasting away at a 100 Jg unit next to it.

No more other moves possible as no units recovered disruption this turn. In fact I moved the 3/863rd across to make me feel a bit safer. I remember his counter attacks from the first few turns.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 12-14-2018, 06:32 AM