• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
12-10-2018, 06:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-10-2018, 06:36 AM by Plain Ian.)
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
I've watched the replay and I've made snapshots of his moves in the north. I'll post them below. All pretty standard PzC stuff. Its either that or start doing my turn, which I'm not really looking forward too.......

[Image: T9-1.png]

Step 1: 
Mike obliterates the HQ with artillery and Nebelwerfer fire. Actually most of it is Nebelwerfer. I think HQ's were made more vulnerable in updates which is quite a good idea as before this they tended to be staffed by super humans who repelled all assaults. (In fact Mike assaulted my HQ in the south which DID repel his assault!) So I guess this is not a bad idea to nebelwurf it to oblivion....although I think it still seems a waste of artillery as the HQ unit is stacked with 3/88th and will be cut off when he moves?

[Image: T9-2.png]

Step 2:
The other 88th Rgt group is hit by 3 companies I think? (my eyesight is pretty bad) Its an automatic win as my units are disrupted and I doubt his will all disrupt? Well who knows? I think all 3 need to disrupt to fail? Yes?

[Image: T9-3.png]

Step 3: 
He moves up and cuts off the 3/88th and assaults. Not sure how many units assaulted but the results are impressive. The artillery fire shown must be my defensive fire before the second assault.

[Image: T9-4.png]

Step 4:
2nd assault results. Probably just one company used. 

[Image: T9-5.png]

Step 5:
Well now the 2nd assault on the rest of the 88th. Just one company used and.......my boys retreat the WRONG way. A or B or C is safety and they go.......yup. 

[Image: T9-6.png]

Step 6:
Last assault in the north. I think he used one company and moved up a second after the assault. Again it was an automatic win against my disrupted troops but he took even losses as the 1/676th was almost a full strength battalion with 260+ men.

I must admit when I opened up this scenario and looked at it initially I thought the Germans would have to start combining their companies into battalion sized units in some places. I don't think this is necessary. Swarming is a better tactic. The Russians can't hit target every small company and in fact a German company can pack just about the same punch as some Russian battalions. 

I think I shoulda played this game using Gold?
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 12-10-2018, 06:30 AM