• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
11-28-2018, 05:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-28-2018, 08:39 AM by Plain Ian.)
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
[Image: Turn%208%20German%20pocket.png]

Pressure on the pocket continues led mainly by the 113th in the south east  west and the 100th Jaeger in the north west.

113th Div sector

Two assault here. The 1/294th is hit by a large grouping and pushed back with heavy casualties. The 2/297th is similarly pushed back but by a company sized assault.
The 415th AT Rgt comes under fire but artillery supports disrupts the attacker.

100th Jaeger Div sector

Things are critical at Selikanovo. The 3/676th faced off the concentrated fire of 4 German companies took heavy casualties. The Battalion is down to 40% and will go into red fatigue next turn. Despite the battering it did not disrupt!

The 88th Guards Regiment is mostly disrupted and sufferng ammo low. Only the 1/88th has any fighting capability.

The 1/676th fought well. It was hit by 2 consecutive assaults. The first from the north west pushed it back south 1 km over the river. A follow on assault was held though. The unit is disrupted but is still up to strength (266 men 87%) and fatigue is still green. (61)

305th Div sector

At Platonov the cut off 508th AR Rgt is easily overrun. Too easily I think. One assault killed all 15 guns? I was a bit gob smacked by this. I expected the usual multi assaults which gradually whittled the unit down and possibly left 1-2 left for a further turn. Nope all gone in one assault. Anyone else seen this?

My disappointment however was eased when the 40th Motorised Bn miraculously fought off two assaults by the 305th Division. I’m pretty sure Mike must have cursed a few times over that one. Thank you Karma.

Overall situation

Well disaster is looming up by Selikanovo. I really need to rush my armour back there.

The 84th Rgt at Svenchhinkovskiy is in a tricky situation as it needs to try and hold on to this supply source but NOT get cut off. The annoying thing is that he probably doesn’t outnumber me here. 3 German companies have 3 Guards Battalions in a bind!

I have to try and rescue the 40th Gds Sapper Bn as well....somehow?

The situation in the west is a bit strange. I cant release the armour yet. I should be able to get the 2/40th and 3/427th units out of isolation but for how long. The 2/427th looks doomed.

I’m still optimistic of saving the 616th Art Rgt and the 298th Art Rgt may have to bug out this turn.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 11-28-2018, 05:31 AM