• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
11-25-2018, 08:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-26-2018, 08:05 AM by Plain Ian.)
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
[Image: Turn%208%20Russian%20pocket.png]

Night falls and I continue to pull back. Thankfully this scenario has Night Move Disruption: 0% so it is safe to move at night. Otherwise things would be impossible.

I've only one option in the west and that's to play the same game as Mike. I use my armour to isolate his units. I won't be able to kill any of them but will hopefully slow down his attacks on my cut off units.
In the east the 4th Gds Light Infantry grab their rifles and move up the front line again in order to allow the 84th Regiment a chance of withdrawal.

The 2/676th is pulled out and is the only free unit I have left. Everything else is now committed. Even HQ units. In the south the 184th HQ is used to plug a gap to prevent him moving past the 3/297th and the 415th AT Rgt.

I have one bit of luck. I have two night bomber Regiments to use for this turn. They are carpet bombers so are not 100% accurate. I use one in the south against the German 113th unit below the 2/297th (sorry I forgot to put nice explosions on that) and the other in the north beside the 1/676th. I picked target hexes next to already Disrupted friendly units which had two enemy target hexes. The German 113th unit was hit but lost only 2 men. The raid in the north missed its target but hit Tsymlovskiy. It was only after I saw the end of turn VP Chart I realised that he had a T mode AT unit in this hex and that he lost 4 guns. I've checked the replay and can see it moving in.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 11-25-2018, 08:42 PM