• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
11-22-2018, 05:39 AM,
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
German Turn 6 Group Zhuravlev

[Image: Turn%206%20German%20pocket.png]

As expected the Germans have followed me up. The two cut off units in the west have been multi assaulted and the 2/249th is down to 18 men and the 1/753rd has just 21. Amazingly the 1/753rd is only at Fatigue 69! Both units have tied up 5 German companies for a turn and knowing the PzC engine will probably take another turn to kill.

My failed airstrike against his T mode infantry has resulted in the 3/427th being isolated.

In the south heavy infantry hit the 1/294th and disrupted it and the 3/753rd was also singled out for some reason. The 415th AT Rgt was hit and lost a gun and disrupted. Its ripe for assault.

In the north the 1/88th received most of the artillery fire and also disrupted. Thankfully it recovered. The 3/676th was heavily assaulted by 3 companies and pushed back. However it also has recovered. 

The 4th Gds Rgt lost another gun but this time to ground fire. Its in danger of being isolated. Thankfully artillery units have a zoc unlike ant tank units? Not sure if this is right? I suppose an artillery unit has a higher complement of men so in theory they can all grab rifles and form a cohesive perimeter to interfere with enemy movement.
Actually in this game all towed units are just about static targets. This area has a lot of streams with no bridges which means they cannot move very far when limbered.

Anyway the Germans did take some casualties this turn. (58) 

Note the map above shows most of the significant casualties not all of them.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 11-22-2018, 05:39 AM