• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
11-10-2018, 07:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-10-2018, 07:08 AM by Plain Ian.)
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
Battle Plans

I forgot to mention that I am playing the Russian player. So here are the plans I drafted several weeks ago. 

[Image: Group%20Zhuravlevplan.png]

Gp Zhuravlev will hold and recover fatigue. Since the supply hex in the pocket is critical I will move my armour to help hold it if required. There is one reserve infantry unit which is available for fire fighting duties. Germans have high fatigue so I am optomistic that there won't be too much action.......

1st Tank Army (13th TC) will advance immediately. Huzzah.

4th Tank Army (22nd TC) will advance....cautiously. No rush as this is a 3 day event plus this doesn't look like a good breakout route. Plus I would hate to have him send VIII Korps units down behind me.

196th Division (62A) right wing and the 650th Separate tank Bn (25 T-34) will advance (sneak) up the Liska valley and be ready to exploit any weaknesses.

I start with 200 VP. I assume I will lose at least one 50 VP hex but gain maybe two German VP objectives (100 VP Verkne-Buzinovka + 50 VP Osinovka) so will end the game with 300 VP's from objectives. That means I need an additional 1700 VP's for a Major Victory which is an awful lot of dead Germans.............

Well that was the plan. Not a great one and the first 5 turns I've played will show that this isn't a great one.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 11-10-2018, 07:07 AM