• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

MapMod for PzC Gold Series
12-17-2020, 08:19 AM,
RE: MapMod for PzC Gold Series
(12-17-2020, 07:55 AM)lyndrm Wrote: Thank you for the quick reply and solution. I installed the MapMod on the first try using the link you sent to me.

I was only having issues loading the MapMod with Bulge '44 Gold. I also own Campaign Franklin from the ACW series. I would love to install a similar MapMod for that game, but I haven't found anything.

Thank you so much!
lyndrm

Glad to hear that you got it working for Bulge.

As for ACW, WDS released the last updates back in 2018.

https://johntillersoftware.com/Updates.html

Make sure you are updated.

Any other 3rd party stuff for ACW is located here:

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...hp?fid=263

You may find some of the NAP 2D ground and map files may or may not work with ACW.

(I know some the M&P 2D files also work in NAP)

With all of the changes in the last few years, I can't remember what works or doesn't work with mix and matching.

Best suggestion is to create some new mod folders and do your own mix and matching to see what works for you and what doesn't work, while using JSGME.

If you have any more questions, feel free to post on the forum boards or contact me directly.
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2020, 08:58 AM,
Thank you so much for your help.

lyndrm
12-17-2020, 01:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-17-2020, 01:20 PM by CountryBoy.)
I just bought my first Modern Campaigns game (Danube 85), as part of the sale, and I wondered if there was a Jison (Jison-like) mod for the map?

EDIT: solved my own question by looking here

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=72406
12-17-2020, 01:33 PM,
(12-17-2020, 01:16 PM)CountryBoy Wrote: I just bought my first Modern Campaigns game (Danube 85), as part of the sale, and I wondered if there was a Jison (Jison-like) mod for the map?

EDIT: solved my own question by looking here

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=72406

Justin,

I have the original MapMod dated from 2012 however, I am sure that it would not work in the Gold Version.

(I can not test it as I don't own any MC titles anymore)

If you want it, email me.

Another suggestion would be to mix and match off of the PzC titles, stock or mod, to get the look that you like.
12-17-2020, 01:38 PM,
Thanks Compass, I'll see if what I found in that thread works. If not I might send you an email. I am jumping ahead somewhat as I haven't even installed the game and had a look at the stock graphics, but I have always enjoyed Jison's work with the PzC games (and War in the East, which is a beautiful map).
07-16-2021, 05:03 AM,
Hello everyone!

I just got Smolensk '41 and it is my first John Tiller game. I installed this Mapmod and it works fine, unless i zoom in all the way. If I do, it goes back to the stock graphics on the map and on the unit counters. Is there something I'm missing? I've seen YT videos, where the Mapmod is displayed at full zoom.

I would appreciate any help.

regards,
Phas
07-16-2021, 02:24 PM,
(07-16-2021, 05:03 AM)Phas Wrote: Hello everyone!

I just got Smolensk '41 and it is my first John Tiller game. I installed this Mapmod and it works fine, unless i zoom in all the way. If I do, it goes back to the stock graphics on the map and on the unit counters. Is there something I'm missing? I've seen YT videos, where the Mapmod is displayed at full zoom.

I would appreciate any help.

regards,
Phas

Welcome to the Blitz.

Do you have the JTS version of the game and if so, can you confirm that your game is updated to version 2.02?

To find out which version, open the game and after opening a scenario, go to Help---About.

Are you using JSGME or did you just swap out MapMod files?
07-16-2021, 06:17 PM,
Mapmod has not been updated for the new hi-resolution graphics.

That means at the highest zoom level you will default to the non-mapmod graphics. You can fix this (but its messy), by going into your Map directory and deleting the files that finish with a '200' at the end of them. There is a backup under the Hi-res graphics directory, so you can recover if required.

The code is written as such that if there is no 200 files the 100 files are magnified. Removing the 200 files will magnify the Mapmod 100 files that are present after you apply that mod.

David
07-16-2021, 06:54 PM,
(07-16-2021, 06:17 PM)Strela Wrote: Mapmod has not been updated for the new hi-resolution graphics.

That means at the highest zoom level you will default to the non-mapmod graphics. You can fix this (but its messy), by going into your Map directory and deleting the files that finish with a '200' at the end of them. There is a backup under the Hi-res graphics directory, so you can recover if required.

The code is written as such that if there is no 200 files the 100 files are magnified. Removing the 200 files will magnify the Mapmod 100 files that are present after you apply that mod.

David

Thank you Strela!

This fixed it, and it looks quite good still.
07-19-2021, 06:12 PM,
Is it possible to use Jisons unit counters in the more recent games, that have not been modded by him? Like Scheldt and Kiev?