• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Attack Value Confusion
10-09-2018, 02:24 PM,
Help  Attack Value Confusion
Page 36 of the PzC manual states that the attack value is multiplied by the strength in vehicles or guns of the firing unit. If the unit's strength consists of men its strength is divided by 10. I am not sure if this means that the attack is shared between those men or if the value is divided among every 10? It also states this is similar to a vehicle = 10 men. Would someone be willing to explain what this means? Thanks in advance! Propeller Hat
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2018, 04:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-09-2018, 04:23 PM by geoff.)
RE: Attack Value Confusion
The attacking strength for units of men are divided (or more likely multiplied by *0.1) before the attack value is multiplied to get the fire effect value. A battalion of 559 men is counted as 55.9 strength when it is multiplied with it's attack value.
10-10-2018, 10:53 AM,
How does that translate into the hard and soft attack values on the back of the unit cards? I always assumed a soft attack value of 8 meant 8 and nothing else?
10-10-2018, 12:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-10-2018, 12:11 PM by geoff.)
It's a multiplier. Pretty straight forward as written in the manual. I don't have a PzC game installed right now but, unit strength * attack value * various modifiers = fire effectivity value. Then FE * [high, low] combat value range / 1000, I believe is the linear expression. It equals a range value that is chosen by a CPU time random function.
10-10-2018, 12:49 PM,
That makes sense!

Thanks
10-11-2018, 07:08 AM,
Just keep in mind that while Soft Attack values simply indicate a volume of fire, Hard Attack values have a penetration consideration.