• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Decisions, Decisions
10-05-2018, 04:16 AM,
RE: Decisions, Decisions
(10-05-2018, 02:42 AM)Landser34 Wrote: Pick the game that you would think you would play the most.

Darned sound advice !
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2018, 04:17 AM,
(10-05-2018, 01:14 AM)Xaver Wrote: If i  need recomend you a title from your list if you dont have problems to wait maybe PzB-NA41 because has all you are looking for and as bonus you have the Krete battle , i am waiting it to but the type of battles is going to cover (in PzC titles offer relative small actions) and with the experience in PzB1 and PzB2 is the best option for you BUT if you cant wait and want play now PzC France40 is the best in your buy list even when obviously french are going to offer the core of the armor from the allied side.

Other titles you can explore using your preferences are:

-PzC North Africa titles, Tunis43 maybe for me is the best of the 3 titles but this is because i never like a lot the excesive presence of mines in El-Alamein even when you have a superb mod for this title to add Compass battles... Tobruk advantage over Tunis is that allied core is british troops (and empire troops) while in Tunis you need dance a lot to with yankees.... but again, to cover 40-41 period PzB-NA41 is for me a better option because scale help you have a more detailed OOB.

-PzB Normandy: i recommend if over PzB Kursk because offer more variety and even when i usually prefer east over west front Kursk is maybe one of the battles less i like when i play game but again USA army is a very important component.

-PzC Market Garden maybe is the PzC title where you can find british and armor in good numbers but i allways think PzB scale is better to represent the battle.

Are more titles that are very good but maybe these are closer to your preferences... for example PzC Budapest45 is now unique because no more 1945 titles are avaliable, only in Squad battles, and you play with a totally different german army and you depend to of Hungarian troops.

But in the end every title has his own attractive... well, not all, PzC Sealion never attract me a lot maybe because lacks more "what if" like add extra nations (an italian expeditionary army for axis and something like this for allies... USA, Canadian troops and even more units formed with soldiers from defeated nations).

PD: be carefull, Tiller games are like Pokemons, when you have one you are going to need them all  Rolling Eyes

Thanks very much for your insight here, Xaver !
10-05-2018, 08:25 AM,
If you've considered getting into Modern Campaigns, I can say they are at least as just as fun.

I've found the Middle East title especially fun to play, partly because it has a basis in reality rather than the other "Cold War gone hot" scenarios, and even more so because I'm very interested in the time period. Given that I'm currently writing my thesis on the Arab-Israeli issue.

So I think it indeed does mostly come down to the time period you're most interested in, and the individual battles you feel like exploring and playing. I say "exploring" because I usually find myself deep in research after I load a scenario from an Eastern Front title and play it for a few turns.
10-05-2018, 11:08 AM,
I went with Kharkov '43 Gold, mainly because Kharkov (1943) was the final successful operation for the Axis forces in Russia. Thanks, once again guys, for all of your replies. :-D

All the best,
Travis